Iraq/Syria Analyst - Reports Officer
Erbil Office - KRG
START : Immediate Start
LOCATION : Hoplite Group Office based in Erbil - KRG
Seeking seasoned, intellectually curious, and experienced analyst to serve in a “1099,” contractor position, in our offices based in Erbil, Iraq; compensation is commensurate with experience; 12-month rotation with 2x14-day (plus 3 travel days) breaks per year (Every 4 months in average); competitive pay maximized for time forward. Selected candidate must be able to meet Central Command medical clearance requirements and deploy to Erbil, Iraq.
The Iraq/Syria Analyst - Reports Officer is the SME responsible for Publicly Available Information (PAI) research and analysis methodology as well as the preparation of deliverables to the client, for Hoplite Group’s flagship atmospherics and PAI contract in the Middle East.
The ideal candidate is a proficient analyst and experienced writer with a demonstrated knowledge of the geo-political and security landscape in Iraq and/or Syria. Also, candidate must have adaptability to leverage proven concepts and proprietary methodology to get the most out of our local national field and media monitoring teams.
The Reports Officer will develop briefings and reports on variety of topics requested by our government client, work with a world class local team of Iraqi and Syrian analysts, manage databases, attend working groups. The position is responsible for the daily correlation of information, triangulation of reporting, and analytical products developed by the Hoplite Group fusion cell.
- Three (3) years of combined experience to include PAI research, exposure to Military Information Support Operations, or intelligence analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure to the Middle East, with emphasis on understanding of the Iraqi and/or Syrian security, military, social and political environments.
- Recent travels: Must have worked /traveled in the last few years to either Iraq, Syria, or regional country with emphasis on the two countries of interest.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings and reports.
- Ability to visualize data in a way that tells a story and helps decision-makers gain a unique perspective of the information environment.
- Ability to analyze data for trends and patterns.
- Experience with the application of project management concepts and methodologies.
- Strong organizational skills and project management to be able to leverage a team of analysts and build reports on time while meeting tight deadlines.
- High-level proficiency using Microsoft Office tools; brief materials in formats including Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, etc.), with exposure to mapping software and media monitoring techniques.
- Works well with teams or independently, with minimal oversight, able to provide thorough and completed products
- U.S., UK, Canadian, Australian, or New Zealand citizenship. English Native Speaker
- Although a U.S. Secret Security Clearance gives applicant an advantage and is desired, exceptional candidates, who are citizens from the listed countries, are encouraged to apply. We apply the “best athlete” concept, in hiring the most qualified candidate.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree desired.
NEED MORE DETAILS? CONTACT US
or visit our Linked In news channel.