Program Assistant (Defense Security Cooperation)
National Capital Region
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Secret Clearance
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: National Capital Region (NCR)
Minimum Bachelor Degree
The Program Assistant supports the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager by providing innovative approaches to managing the team and processes used to develop, review, and enhance deliverables and services, facilitate team collaboration, stay abreast of trends in the field of AM&E, tracking in-processing tasks and forms, inputting information into DSCA project management systems, scheduling calls and meetings, and should meet the minimum qualifications.
- 1 year of administrative experience in a government setting, including drafting memos, and preparing communications on another’s behalf, organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing events. Monitoring a team email inbox and routing emails to relevant team members, managing team calendars, including setting reminder appointments, tracking leave/TDY, and prioritizing the most sensitive matters;
- 3 years of administrative experience working with teams in highly different time zones;
- 1 year of experience managing the in-processing of new staff into DSCA;
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of defense and security policy and operations,
- 5 years of experience serving in a U.S, defense institution, either as a military officer, noncommissioned officer,
locally employed staff, or as a Department of Defense civilian; and
- 5 years of administrative experience working with teams in highly different time zones.