Air Component / Staff Senior Academic Instructor SME
Hurlburt Field - Florida
The Hoplite Group is seeking full time and part time Senior Academic Instructors with subject matter expertise in the intelligence community, cyberspace, special operations, or space operations. The Senior Academic instructors will instruct or support instruction on government led and/or contractor led maintenance and execution of 505 TTG courses and 705 TRS course management/support to the Air Component Senior Leader Course (ACSLC), Combined Senior Staff Course (CSCC), and Lead Wing Command and Control Course (LWC2C) as well as general instructor support to the following courses and training events: Command and Control Warrior Advanced Course (C2WAC), Air Force Forces (AFFOR) Intermediate Staff Course (AISC), Senior Officer Just-in-time Air Component Training (SJAT), and other courses supporting multi-domain planning and supporting select portions of Air University’s (AU’s) Combined Force Air Component Commander (CFACC) Course, Air Mobility Command’s (AMC’s) Director of Mobility Forces (DIRMOBFOR) Course, and other Air Combat Command (ACC) and 505 CCW C2 operational-level and wing-level training events/courses.
The Senior Academic Instructors will also act a course manager for ACSL and CSSC. The Course Manager will schedule qualified instructors, SME guest speakers to support execution of class, develop fall back options for each class to address foreseeable execution issues. Prepare and deliver expert academic instruction, maintain proficiency in their areas through professional reading, exercise participation, and other academic methods. Instruct their area of expertise across the spectrum of classes taught in the TTG. Maintain awareness of emerging C2 TTPs and recommend course ware updates when applicable. Provide leadership updated Schedules, developments, and deliver course update/status briefs as prescribed by the Sq/CC. Draft and submit comprehensive After-Action Report (AAR) in the prescribed format to their associated Flight Director within seven calendar days of each class/training event completion. Manage associated personnel, foster a performance-based environment rewarding good performance and addressing poor performance. Draft and oversees a tailored training plan and certification for each assigned course instructor. Meet deadlines in fulfilling requirements to include communicating performance expectations and meaningful feedback. Sets and adjusts priorities, identifies required deliverables, and prepares development schedules. Assigns work to instructors based on unit direction, priorities, and consideration of difficulty and requirements such that the experience, training, and ability of associated personnel are effectively utilized to meet unit and course needs.
· 20+ years of military operational experience as a rated officer, with minimum of five years as a senior officer (GS-15, Colonel, Brigadier General) with assignments in at least one of the following roles: Weapons Instructor Course (Sister Equivalent), with follow-on assignment as an instructor/evaluator; PME faculty; Advanced Study Group (eg, SAASS, SAMS, JAWS, etc) with follow-on assignment; AETC Master Instructor; assignment to a combat training organization such as Air Advisor Academy, Joint Enabling Capability Command, MCTP / OCTP, or similar role with foreign national militaries.
· Proficient with multimedia operations, Microsoft Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
· At least 1 year of previous course management software instruction
· Attend and complete 705th TRS instructor certification training
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
· Active TS/SCI clearance
· Master’s degree
· Graduation from a recognized Senior Development Education school (War College) with Joint Qualified Officer accreditation for JPME II.
· Instruction of courses can either be located at Hurlburt Field or at off-site locations (CONUS & OCONUS) requiring a valid passport.
· Telework will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Unit’s SOPs
· Normal duty hours are 0730-1630, M-F. Duties may be adjusted to meet mission requirements, which could be outside the normal workweek and require extended shifts/and or weekend work.